- Ready Time :
- 4 Bananas
- 8 Tbsps Nacheez (Spicy)
- Pizza Dough (I used Trader Joe's, but you can make your own)
- Heat the oven according to instructions for dough. On a floured surface, roll out dough into empanada-size rounds (hint: they need to be bigger than you think they do).
- Chop up the banana and place a few slices on each empanada, covering less than half of the round so that you can later fold it over.
- Top the banana with one or two tablespoons of Nacheez.
- Fold the empty half of the empanada round over the filled half. Pinch edges down with fork.
- Heat according to instructions for dough and enjoy!
This recipe won 2nd Place at the Vegan Nacheez Cook-Off. Here is more info from Kat’s Flog (food blog) located at http://schrodingerskitchen.blogspot.com “I tried out a number of different recipes for a local Nacheez cooking contest and will list them all below. But personally, I think Nacheez is best just warmed up (or not) and put onto tortilla chips. But since you can’t eat nachos every day of the week, no matter how good they are, here are some other ideas. The first is the actual recipe I entered into the contest. It was the winner of my personal quest for the best Nacheez recipe I could develop, and it took second prize at the contest itself.”